ARE exam cost reimbursement (ARE Grant) information
The Architect Registration Examination Financial Assistance Fund (AREFAF), also known as the ARE Grant, was created by the Seventy-sixth Legislature of the state of Texas.
The award is a one-time reimbursement of $500 for taking the Architect Registration Examination. ARE Grant awards are presented three times each year.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have resided in Texas for at least 18 months immediately preceding the date of application
- Have passed sections of the exam for which the combined fees total at least $500
- Have been approved for examination by TBAE and paid all required fees
- Have not been disciplined or been the subject of a pending enforcement proceeding by an architectural registration board
- Must earn an annual salary less than $65,000, and
- Must not have been fully reimbursed by his or her employer for all portions of the ARE.
Apply for an ARE Grant
- Download and print a scholarship application.
Please contact the Exam Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions about the scholarship program.