Architects: Registration by Examination
Please refer to Rule 1.21 and Rule 1.23 to review the requirements and application procedures for registration by examination. (if you are a military veteran, please call 512-305-8527 prior to applying.)
TBAE offers an ARE Grant to examinees who have passed at least 3 sections of the ARE and meet the resident and income criteria.
TBAE will send you confirmation when you have been approved for the exam.
Applicants with foreign education must have their college transcript evaluated by Education Evaluation Services for Architects (EESA).
For additional information about the examination process:
- Foreign Degrees
- Architect Registration Examination Overview
- Take the Exam after Education and Six Months’ Approved Experience
- Five-Year Time Limit for Exam
- Architectural Experience Program (formerly IDP)
- ARE Grant
- Veterans Benefits
- Proof of Legal Status
- ARE Test Accommodations Packet
Contact: Examination Coordinator (email@example.com)